Monday, June 11, 2012

if i had my life to do over again

If I had my life to do over again
I'd make sure I was doing everything possible to ensure my financial freedom.

Freedom to just be. 
To live freely. 
Without constraints.

I would begin at the beginning.
When I got my first job, at age 16.

Because, then,
in the long run,
in the far distant future,
Rudy
would never have to move
to another state.

Instead,
we'd be traveling together,
to heard about but never seen destinations.
Simply to experience the world, in the simplest way.

If I had my life to do over again
I would still keep my feet planted firmly on the ground.

Yet,
I'd think more clearly about my future.


1 comment:

  1. I read this much earlier in the week and was distracted by the cave kids. Many apologies for only commenting now!

    Yes, yes and yes! Firmly planted feet would have been so nice, wouldn't they?

    I was a fresh law school graduate who joined my husband in NY (already here practicing law). We were going to be YUPPIES. Ahem.....then we became pregnant w/ a special needs child. The rest is history.

    Some say our lives are already scripted. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete