Sunday, February 17, 2013

the energy of arkansas

California is where part of my heart is, and its also the place where exercise is not my main priority. I work throughout the week in a classroom full of very social fifth graders, and spend my weekends being a hands-on mom while cleaning and organizing the house. 

I've tried to commit myself to every day after-work walks, and gym weekends to encourage the energy that swirls inside my head to relax, but the idea of moving another muscle to help settle my mind is replaced with the reality of a cup of tea, a couch, and the remote control.

Arkansas, on the other hand, fills me with gusto. Rudy goes to work while I relax, completely, during my visit. Every day affords me the time to leave the house, regardless of the weather, to enjoy the benefits of either a leisure walk or one that is full of vigor. Arkansas is where the other part of my heart is, where I have no commitments except to enjoy myself. 



If only the two would easily meld, come together, allowing me to not only be a productive teacher, mother, wife, and domestic goddess, but also spark in me, daily, the energy to do something I truly enjoy. To go outside and simply walk up and down the hills surrounding my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment