Thursday, April 12, 2012

l is for lipstick

A-Z CHALLENGE (hosted by a variety of writers) : April's task is to write something, anything using the letters of the alphabet as an inspiration for each post. In honor of one of my favorite authors, I will use Sue Grafton's title set-up: L is for... M is for... N is for... (and so on.).















            Seriously?
Seriously!
Seriously.

 Some girl that I know but don't know just scribbled on my face.
With red lipstick.

Stunned. Shocked. Speechless. That's what I am.

Why me?

Other kids, nearby, wonder the same thing.

Why her?

I'm in the seventh grade.
Just minding my own business.
Walking down the hall.

I round a corner, leading to more classrooms.
Heading towards my next class.

My head is down.
I am thinking.
About not much really.

The girl just walks right up to me and draws.
Dark lines.
On my face.

I stop, only for a second.
Then detour towards the bathroom.

Her friends are astonished.
Surprised she did this to me.

She just laughed.
Didn't do anything else.
Didn't say a word.
Not even sorry.

Dumb girl.

I am just a girl minding her own business.
Just walking along.
Through the corridors of my junior high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment