Tuesday, August 21, 2012

just do it

i have a pile of books to filter through. lessons to lightly write. work to get done. yet. here i sit. unwilling to get on-task. me. a teacher. always reminding my students to stay on task. to concentrate. to get their work done. but, i am finding that the task, though necessary, has not quite found its way into my educator thoughts.


in a while, i will sit in front of those school books. those teacher's manuals. and i will review. yes i will. because, review i must. for my own sanity. and to ensure starting the year off right, properly educating students. who will be depending on me to fill their days with classroom ooo's and aaah's, and just as important, life lessons.

but first, i need to sit here and think.

"mom, can we go shopping for school clothes, and supplies?" brad asks.
"yeah, sure," i say, with a smile.

i guess my teacher tasks will have to wait even longer to imprint my brain with information.

No comments:

Post a Comment